- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen stew vegetables
- 1-2 pounds beef stew meat, cut in 1 -inch cubes
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
Place frozen vegetables in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with flour/spice mixture. Add stew meat, beef broth, bay leaf and tomatoes.
Place lid on slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 5 to 7 hours or on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Recipe Note: Substitute 4 cups fresh vegetables for the frozen stew vegetables. Use potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, fennel, parsnips or any other combination of vegetables.
Recipe altered and derived from:
Serve with crusty bread. It makes your house smell so good and the evening rush to events so much less stressful.